June 1, 2009

Tron 2.0 Papercraft: Hog Goggles

As if I don't have enough works in progress already with Star Trek and comic book character mask projects, I have started working on some papercraft based on 3D models ripped from Tron 2.0. Tron 2.0 is a 2003 video game which should not to be confused with Tron 2 the movie sequel scheduled to be released in 2011. For those unfamiliar, the story lines of both the original 1982 movie and the video game involve humans who are transported to an electronic realm inside a computer where programs appear as living beings. This papercraft is of goggles worn by "Resource Hogs", typical enemy programs in the video game. Template info is as follows:

Scale: 1:1 (estimated)
Finished Size: roughly 8"(20.3 cm) long
Number of sheets: 1
Number of parts: 5
Difficulty: 1/5
Download:
Here

As with the Star Trek Elite Force papercraft I am doing, I will be starting simple with the Tron 2.0 models and working towards greater complexity. I think the more complex Tron models will be beautiful to behold with their brilliant colors and elaborate patterns. You can get a taste of what I am talking about from the image of the Hog above.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! your ripping skills are superb, how can you configure the ripper and the directx thing? 'm still confused, I would like some advises. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the Tron 2.0 models I have been using WinRezLT to rip the LTB model files from the game then I use LTB2X to convert the LTB to DirectX format. LTB2X works okay on simpler models but it usually crashes on the more complex models. Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete