November 25, 2008

Marvel Papercraft - Mjolnir, Thor's Hammer

I have finished my second papercraft design! This model is of Mjolnir, the weapon of the Marvel Comics superhero Thor. The character of Thor was created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby and is based loosely on the god of thunder of the same name from Norse mythology. Mjolnir, among other things, enables Thor to fly, summon lightning, and create interdimensional portals. Rumor has it that a Thor movie will be released in 2010. Let's hope it will be as good as Marvel's Ironman was in 2008.

Template Info
Scale: 1:2
Finished Size: 5 1/2" (14 cm) x 10 1/4" (26 cm)
Number of sheets: 3

Number of parts: 7
Difficulty: 3/5

Download: Here

11 comments:

  1. As you wish... :) I have added a share button. Thanks for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought to find something like this on web,....

    BUT I DID IT!!!

    THANXZ DUDE!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this thing is awesome. i filled the head with hotglue and gravel, and found a steel pipe that fits inside the handle. i only wish it was full-size.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Jon
    There has been several requests for a full size version of the hammer,so I am considering posting one in May when the Thor movie is released. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oo yeah-. plz 1:1 mjolnir!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. were you still planning on making a 1:1 scale of his hammer? Im gonna start making a life sized hammer, but out of hood, so if you know the dimensions, posting them would be great :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Pietrain,
    Yes! I made a full scale version for the opening of the Thor movie back in May 2011. You can find it here:

    http://tektonten.blogspot.com/2011/05/full-scale-thor-hammer-papercraft.html

    If you are unable to get the dimensions you need from the template let me know and I will see if I can help.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for this! I was able to use it as a pattern to make a stuffed fabric version as part of a birthday present for a friend's son. Here are some photos: http://www.craftycattery.com/2012/07/thor-puppy.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, that's great! Very creative. Glad you could make use of my pattern. You made my day. :)

      Delete