August 20, 2009

Steampunk Gas Mask Papercraft

Parts of the Tron 2.0 video game take place in the "real world" as opposed to the electronic world inside a computer, so there are 3d models in the game of real world people and items. I think this gas mask appears in a scene in a laboratory. I chose to label this papercraft model "Steampunk" instead of "Tron" because of the way it is styled and also because it just wasn't all that Tron-like. ^^ The finished model is sized to be wearable but as the paper strap is not elastic you will need to modify the strap in some way if you want to be able to take it on and off. Adding velcro to the paper strap or replacing the paper strap with a real elastic band are possibilities. Here is the template info:

Scale: 1:1

Finished Size: 4.5" (11.4 cm) height (not including strap)

Number of sheets: 2

Number of parts: 7

Difficulty: 2/5

Download

7 comments:

  1. this looks great! just curious- anyone know if there is a paper model of a Duel Disk from Yu-Gi-Oh? i think that would be great! it would be fun to build and use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for putting this papercraft out there for downloading.
    I made this and then started to add a few things. hopefully soon I will have a photo. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Send me your photo when you are finished! I would love to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow,looks kinda freaky but cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the mask but haveing some trouble figuring out how things go there no kinda directions four steps on putting this mess together not too awful hard but there's a few things that doesn't line up so if you could help me out there greatly appreciate it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't have problems with things lining up when I built mine. My advice: assemble the dark gray parts first, then assemble the octagonal part, finally glue the two together. The strap should be attached at the very end.

      Delete
  6. Hi. I'm here 11 years later to ask if anyone has made one of these and has pictures of it. How tightly does it fit the face?

    ReplyDelete