August 25, 2009

Star Trek Papercraft: Medical Tricorder & Scanner

Here's another papercraft from the Star Trek Voyager Elite Force video game. This is the medical tricorder and scanner used by Starfleet medical personnel in the game, including the Emergency Medical Hologram (EMH) doctor. Like the Starfleet PADD papercraft I did previously, the textures on this model are a little too grainy for my liking, but since I thought this model would interest enough people I went ahead and posted it. If I had the time, I would pull the PDF into Photoshop and redo the textures. The template info is as follows:

Scale: 1:1

Finished Size:

* Tricorder - 3.5" (8.9 cm) x 8" (20.3 cm)

* Scanner - 4" (10.2 cm)

Number of sheets: 2

Number of parts: 6

Difficulty: 1/5

Download

A while back, I had a request to do a standard Starfleet tricorder papercraft, but I found that the 3D model in Elite Force is really rough and doesn't look much like the tricorders from the Voyager television show. So, unfortunately, this medical version is the best I will be able to do in the way of tricorder papercraft.


UPDATE 9/12/12: A improved version of this papercraft is available here

Other Star Trek papercraft posts:

Hirogen Shuriken
Terran Empire Knife
Starfleet PADD
Klingon Knife
Hypospray
Borg Cube


7 comments:

  1. Yey! Another great one! Thanks mate, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to do as you suggested and pull the file into Photoshop but unfortunately with the password on it I'll just have to deal with the fuzz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, I forgot about that. Contact me at architectx63@gmail.com and I will gladly e-mail you an unlocked version.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hallo mate! I fund this one and I wonder if you could fix this one a little more easy. If you can?

    http://starship-builder.webs.com/Tricorder%20VOY.pdf

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi. I wouldn't want to modify another creator's design without permission, but I will attempt to contact the other designer and see what I can work out with him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello,
    I know that this file is three years old but I will just ask: can someone do the retexture? I am very untalented at this and if someone can do? And I personally dont like the starship builder version.

    ReplyDelete