October 26, 2009

Barbie Scale Guillotine Papercraft

Barbie Bastelbogen
Here is my contribution to the collection of free Halloween papercraft on the Internet this year: a guillotine! I had downloaded a 3D model of a bloody guillotine by designer "Smirnoffka" earlier this year thinking I might do a papercraft of it sometime and finally decided it would work best as a Halloween papercraft. I chose to scale the guillotine to the size of a Barbie doll because there was something just so ironic and disturbing about associating smiling Barbie with a gruesome instrument of death. :) Here are the details of the template:

Scale: 1:6
Finished Size: 12.5" (31.8 cm) height
Number of sheets: 3
Number of parts: 18
Difficulty: 3/5
Download

Note: No Barbies were harmed in the making of this papercraft. :)

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for this inspired papercraft. I'm already planning a diorama with some Barbies. Would you please consider releasing a matching tumbrel?

    Cheers
    Roxxii.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A tumbrel, eh? I'll see if I can find a ready made virtual 3D model of one from which I can create a papercaft model. I don't know if I have the time or the patience to create a decent 3D model myself, but we shall see...

    I'm glad you enjoyed the guillotine! I would love to see a photo of your diorama when it is finished. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! This is great, now I can play with all my old Barbies again, thank you! But what program do I need to open the file? It wont open on my PC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The guillotine download is a .zip file which will open on Windows computers by double clicking on it. From there you can either extract the PDF inside the .zip file to a folder on your computer or double click on the PDF to open it. You will need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader software to open the PDF.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete