August 31, 2019

Rustic Cottage Papercraft

This is my papercraft release for the month of August: a rustic cottage. I don't remember where I got the 3D model this is based on, but I have had it for a long time. I originally downloaded it to practice creating papercraft templates when I first started the hobby. The finished model is 1:48 scale, the same as Lego mini-figures and "O" scale model railroads. It might be used for miniature gaming, but it is at an odd scale for that purpose. The single page PDF template for the model may be downloaded here. Due to its small size, this model may not be suitable for beginners (I have the roof in mind). If you want an easier-to-build model, for the roof use only the piece with the red shingles, trimming away the fascia boards.  The two soffit pieces then may either be discarded or glued to the back of the shingles.

Related Architecture Papercraft:

Medieval Village
Mage Knight Buildings
High Elf Tower
Miniature Castle
Elf Cloister

No comments:

Post a Comment