September 2, 2012

ReBoot Papercraft: Medusa Bug

One of my favorite Saturday morning television shows from the 90's is ReBoot. It was the first 30 minute length completely CGI animated TV show. The theme of the show is somewhat Tron-esque in that it takes place inside a computer and the characters are programs. Try as I might, I have never been able to find any ReBoot papercraft, so I took it upon myself to create some. This is a 1:1 scale paper model of the Medusa Bug from Season 1, Episode 4 of ReBoot. The Medusa Bug is a box that when opened turns everything inside a computer to stone (well, almost everything ^^).

The PDF template for the Medusa may be downloaded here. In 2011, the entire ReBoot series was re-released on DVD if you are interested in getting acquainted or re-acquainted with the series. I highly recommend it!

2 comments:

  1. Hello, nice to see a old favorite tv show I almost forgot about.

    Could you maybe make the "Reboot" icon/badge thing they use in the show?
    I recall that it was in two colors, black/white and gold/white

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I have been working on a paper model of the badge. Hopefully I will be able to post it in the near future.

      Delete