May 5, 2009

Marvel Papercraft - Carnage Mask

Comic Book Character Mask Series - Part 2
As I mentioned last week in my Spider-Man mask post, I have decided to attempt a series of comic book character masks based on re-colors of my Kaonashi Mask template. I am considering the Spider-Man mask to be the first in the series. This mask of Spidey's enemy, Carnage, is part two. Carnage, in a nutshell, is a human serial killer who is symbiotically bonded to a malevolent alien entity. Back in the day, Carnage was popular enough to have starred in his own video game, Maximum Carnage. Template information for the mask is as follows:

Template Info
Scales: 1:1 & 1:2 (approximately)
Finished Sizes:
Full Size - 6"(15.2 cm) x 9.75"(24.8 cm) x 1.5"(3.8 cm)
Half Size - 3"(7.6 cm) x 4.9"(12.4 cm) x 0.75"(1.9 cm)
Number of sheets: 3 or 2 depending on size
Number of parts: 14
Difficulty: 3/5
Download: Here

I am not sure how far I will be able to take this mask series as not just any character will look right with the shape of the mask, but I have at least four more characters in mind that I think will work. I also originally thought I would do only Marvel Comics characters, but have since thought of a couple of non-Marvel characters I would like to try as well.

Update 7/23/09
Other comic book character masks are available:
Human Torch

Carnage
Deadpool
Silver Surfer

4 comments:

  1. Great work on the masks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny you should mention Deadpool... He is one of the upcoming masks I will be posting! :) Look for it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, is it possible to put the templates on a different document? My computer doesn't agree with iLivid :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. iLivid? You must have clicked on an ad by mistake. You want to click on the green bar that says "download (3.85mb)". Let me know if that solves your problem.

      Delete