September 12, 2012

Star Trek Voyager Medical Tricorder Papercraft - Version 2

A few years ago I released several Star  Trek paper models based on 3D models from the Star Trek Voyager Elite Force video game. One of these papercraft models was a Voyager type medical tricorder and scanner. I was always unhappy with the grossly pixelated textures on the model, but I could never find the time to improve them... until now. The template for the new and improved version of the tricorder may be downloaded here. The new textures aren't perfect, but they are (dare I say it?) light years beyond the old textures. ;)

18 comments:

  1. Is this made for A4 or Letter format?



    -Regards

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I just built the previous one :-)
    Oh well, I will get a picture of both side-by-side...

    http://aim11.deviantart.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. It will take its place next to my magic wand and crystal ball, none of which was I given upon graduation from medical school and all of which would be unbelievably useful. Lynette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gonna try this for a Christmas present...
    Should finish by then, looks awesome, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey,
    amazing job! Didn't you considered a phaser?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have considered creating a phaser, but the 3D model from the video game does not lend itself well to being converted to a paper model so, lazy me, I keep putting it off. Maybe some day...

      Delete
    2. I understand. I have these feelings too... Well, somewhere next time! I'm sending you an imaginary geekish monkey to help out.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Click on the word "here" in the blog post above. It will take you to MediaFire where you can download the template.

      Delete
    2. wow thank you right under my nose.

      Delete
  7. do you think you could make the nemesis tricorder? Ive been looking for one but i can't find one. This ones looks so good your the perfect person for the job. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't make any promises but I will look into it.

      Delete
  8. Excellent, thank you!

    ReplyDelete