Google+ Tron Legacy Papercraft: Kevin Flynn Identity Disc | Tektonten Papercraft

February 16, 2013

Tron Legacy Papercraft: Kevin Flynn Identity Disc

At long last I created a paper model of Kevin Flynn's identity disc to add to my series of papercraft Tron: Legacy discs. I saved the hardest for last. It was tough to make a white on white texture that looked correct. If you build one, you may need to experiment with the darkness settings on your printer to get the right level of contrast. The A4 and Letter size templates may be downloaded here. Kevin Flynn's disc plays an important part in the story line of Tron: Legacy.

Previous Discs in the Series:
Sam's Identity Disc
Rinzler's Identity Disc
Clu's Identity Disc

8 comments:

  1. Did you know that it is realy REALY throwable from the get-go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are u gonna try the TRON UPRISING identity disc variation? The bottom half looks different from the top half and looks pretty cool :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't considered doing a Tron Uprising disc. Do you know of someplace I can see a picture of it?

      Delete
  3. Ive looked all over google and this is the best I could find...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ive tried finding a good pic but its tough. You'll probably get a better visual of it by watching TRON UPRISING...ill keep looking man.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I printed this off and folded it up, but I wanted to go a little further with it, I cut off the outer ring and am currently fiber-glassing the two halves. I have some sheets of clear hard plastic that I scavenged from a dead monitor, I am going to use that to make the outer ring and light it up from the inside. I was also thinking of putting some magnets on the studs I pulled off a model with higher geometry detail. Thanks for the starting point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Thanks for sharing your project. Glad I could help out.

      Delete